NETFLIX and SUPPORT ACT have partnered together to deliver the COVID-19 Film and TV Emergency Relief Fund to help the hardest hit workers in the television and film industry due to the production shutdowns caused by COVID-19 across all of Australia.
Netflix has donated $1 million to Support Act to launch the fund.
Workers such as assistants, coordinators, technicians and operators from different production departments like camera, sound, music, art, make-up, costume design, locations and transportation, among others, are eligible to apply for the $1,000 one-time benefit.
To qualify for the grant, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- have been working on a production in Australia that was closed due to COVID-19 or contracted to work on a production in Australia that was cancelled/postponed due to COVID-19
- be a below the line casual or run of production / show employee
- have household expenditure that exceeds household income
- provide referees (company manager / line producer).
- You will also need to let us know what your role in the production was; the name of your employer; and your credits / link to your IMDB.
Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received and will continue until the fund has been expended. If successful, the grant will be paid into your nominated bank account.
Please ensure that you complete the form correctly or your application will not be considered.
Applications open Monday 15/06/202